...the right way.
Until now the choices about what you study have been made for you. But when you choose your GCSE subjects, you begin to take control.
So, when you are choosing your subjects, you must have accurate and up to date information.
- Talk to people who can give reliable advice
- Discus your subjects with your family and subject teachers
- Choose a subject because your friend is taking it; if it’s not the right one for you, you will have less chance of success.
- Or because you think it’s for girls or boys – there’s no such thing
- Or if you like, or dislike the teacher – you may end up with a different teacher
- Or you think it will be easy – no subject is easy.
Choosing the right options for you:
We recommend logging in to Flight and using our planner to get the most out of this section.
To choose the right options for you, you should first think about which subjects you find most enjoyable. Nearly everyone gets better marks in subjects they enjoy and are good at.
Flight has put a lot of thought into this and has created a variety of ways to support you in making this decision.